[asterisk-users] Question about hardware

jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Wed Dec 13 07:29:42 MST 2006

cheapy PC (throw away PII is fine) and if you want to use the PSTN, a
X100P FXO card. These can be had on ebay for 11 bucks, but I understand
that even that pushes the bank some days.  You don't need the card, you
only need it if you want to receive or place calls on the PSTN.  You can
use asterisk to do all sorts of ip telephony with just the box that it
runs on.   Also, be sure to grab the free Oreily book, Asterisk the
Future of Telephony.  A link to it was posted recently.

Michael Sullivan wrote:
> IF I wanted to do the whole "sophisticated telephony VoIP stuff"
> asterisk, what hardware would I need?  I have a feeling that my fax
> modem is probably not going to work out.  My wife and I have an income
> of $650 a month.  After the first-of-the-month bills are payed, we're
> lucky if we have $100 left for food and gasoline.  I need a solution
> that's as economical as possible.  What exactly do I need in terms of
> hardware (preferrably specific as in brand names and model numbers)?

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet