[asterisk-users] Re: Recommendations for QoS, PoE Switches

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Wed Dec 13 02:15:39 MST 2006

CDP has nothing to do with inline power, it is L2 proprietary protocol
for negotiation of voice vlan between phone and switch,
so you don't need to set what vlan number phone should use for voice and
what is for connected pc data.
if you disable cdp on switch, phone will still working, except you
should set voice vlan manually through phone menu.
PJ