[asterisk-users] Need help getting started with asterisk

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Tue Dec 12 20:24:49 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 14:21 +1100, Paul Hales wrote:
> I would be very surprised if your modem is supported by Asterisk - but I
> suppose it's worth a try.
>
> What does 'zap show status' and 'zap show channels' show in the Asterisk
> CLI?
>
> PaulH

camille*CLI> zap show status
No Zaptel interface found.
Dec 12 21:23:17 WARNING[26372]: chan_zap.c:9774 zap_show_status: Unable
to open /dev/zap/ctl: Permission denied
camille*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default
camille*CLI>

I checked the perms of /dev/zap/ctl:

camille ~ # ls -l /dev/zap/ctl