[asterisk-users] sip help for newbie

blackwater dev blackwaterdev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:14:09 MST 2006

Thanks for the info, I've gone through the tutorial and followed it and
asterisk is running but I just can't seem to log in.  The xten phone just
tells me connection timed out.  I'm simply running asterisk on a webserver
that is also running apache and service content.  I simply pinged the box to
get the ip to plug into the softphone.  Do I need to open a port or
something?