[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Dec 12 12:05:12 MST 2006

On 12 Dec 2006, at 16:27, Daniel Gradecak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not an asterisk expert but i am developing a web application that
> is using asterisk. I would like to know if it is possible to
> configure a
> Manager to only monitor a special
> extension, and of course how to do that.
>
> The application is written in java and is using asterisk-java.
> Right now
> i have one manager that i am connected to and i receive all the events
> but i would like to have some kind of administrator
> and user. The administrator manager can receive all events but the
> normal user (agent) should only receive the events that are associated
> to its extension.
>
> I would have some kind of user 1010 (the actual extension and
> username too)
> Let's say that in manager.conf i would have again some user 1010 but i
> would like that this user can only see the events associated to the
> extension 1010 ...
>
> Does it makes any sens, and how to do that?

The manager doesn't have any filters - per-se.
You would need to add a layer in your asterisk-java program that
filtered
the channels/extensions you were interested in.
The easiest thing might be to have your manager layer put the
events into a lightweight (in memory?) database, then use some standard
JDBC/servlets (or whatever) to query those events using the
channel current user's as a key.

Now, depending on what you are trying to do, there may be other ways
to get there....

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/