[asterisk-users] Problem in making outbound calls in PRI

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Dec 12 12:02:40 MST 2006

On 12 Dec 2006, at 12:16, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Danny wrote:
>>

>> Is there anybody who can help me out on this ?
>>
>> I am pretty much lost in forums and docs, and I m getting nowhere.
>
> Danny,
>
> You've got a lot of stuff in there that isn't used for a PRI/ISDN.
> Mine setup attached.  This if for a T1, and in the US.  Please make
> adjustments for your area:

Here is mine - for E1 EuroISDN (Q931 in the UK)
#zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
loadzone = uk
defaultzone=uk

#zapata.conf
[channels]
language=en
context=ntl
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=local
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
channel => 1-15,17-31

#-------------

If that doesn't help, please send us the output of

cat /proc/zaptel/1

And enable pri debugging in asterisk and send the output when you
make a call.

Don't be afraid to ask the provider what they are seeing...

First time I put in a PRI I spent 2 days messing with it before I
rang them, to
be told that they hadn't enabled outbound calls yet!

T.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/