[asterisk-users] repost gain problem with asterisk and zaptel 1.4

jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Tue Dec 12 07:57:05 MST 2006

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with gain settings using a Wildcard
X100P and Zaptel 1.4 Beta 2 on Asterisk 1.4 beta 3.  My transmit volume
between an IAX client (idefisk) and a POTS device through my 1.4 box is
great, but my receive volume is terrible.  I can hardly hear a word they
say. I've cranked my gains up to 100, inserted the wcfxo module with
boost=1, but haven't had any luck figuring this out.   Using ztmonitor,
the best I can get on my RX side is 3 #'s (###)) and that's if I really
talk loudly into the phone.   Any pointers on other places I can look?
Volume is great on IAX to IAX, only poor on calls from IAX to POTS.  I
haven't tried the other direction because this box isn't setup to
receive POTS calls.

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,