[asterisk-users] CLI History

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 12 01:25:51 MST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:31:41AM -0700, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> What's wrong with the Asterisk CLI history? When I exit the CLI, and
> re-enter, the last command in the history always defaults to 'stop now'.
> This is very bad, and it's caused accidental shutdowns more than once.

Let's ignore the tone of the question, and try to answer it. Here is
what I consider may be wrong:

1. The shell does not exit on Ctrl-D / EOF
2. When the shell does exist on Ctrl-C (SIGHUP)
3. When it exists on Ctrl-C (SIGHUP) it does not save history.
4. (Potentially a problem) saving "stop now" in the history.

For starters, I hope you agree that (4) is not the real problem here.

(1) and (2) make the Asterisk shell different from standard shells. In s
standard shell Ctrl-C is supressed (so it will only affect programs you
run from it, and not the shell). Ctrl-D and end of input cause the shell
to exit.

(3) seems to be the real thing that bothers Douglas.

And as usual, Douglas manages to complain with the wrong tone and thus
getting people to flame him rather than consider his argument seriously.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com