[asterisk-users] Asterisk Sends 180-RINGINGto UAeven withprogressinband=yes

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Mon Dec 11 20:54:49 MST 2006

Hmmm. Ok, that's true. At the very least it will create confusing CDR's I think... maybe. We're not billing our OnNet traffic at all. Only the traffic that goes OffNet, to our switch is billed (if it leaves our switch that is...).

I was thinking earlier too that we only need progressinband on traffic that goes to the PSTN, via our switch. OnNet traffic will never generate reorder tones and such. The docs say that progressinband can either go into the general section of sip.conf, or the extension. I couldn't get it to have any effect at the extension level.

Doug.