[asterisk-users] Using SIP with NAT (technical code question)

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 16:18:24 MST 2006

My mistake, I misread it. So if a hostname is provided
(e.g. user at domain.com) instead of an IP (e.g.
123.123.123.123) and the recipient of the INVITE is
not using NAT then ast_gethostbyname will be run - is
that correct? In this case, why the distinction
between a NATted and non_NATted implementation?