[asterisk-users] CLI History

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Mon Dec 11 13:02:08 MST 2006

GNU

=
> > Connected to Asterisk 1.2.9.1 currently running on hera (pid =
17399)
> > Verbosity is at least 3
> > hera*CLI> stop now <-- I pressed the UP arrow upon re-entering the
> console!

Mine appears to work:

##Connected to Asterisk and execute stop now:

	dragon*CLI> stop now
	dragon*CLI>
	Disconnected from Asterisk server

## Restarted Asterisk:

	[root at dragon ~]# asterisk -p

## Connected to Asterisk then ran exit:

	[root at dragon ~]# asterisk -r
	Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2006 Digium, Inc. and
others.
	Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
	Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'show warranty'
for 	details.
	This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU
General 	Public
	License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to
redistribute 	it under
	certain conditions. Type 'show license' for details.

===
	Connected to Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3 currently running on dragon
(pid = 	32521)
	dragon*CLI> exit

## Connected to Asterisk Again and hit the up arrow:

	[root at dragon ~]# asterisk -r
	Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2006 Digium, Inc. and
others.
	Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
	Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'show warranty'
for 	details.
	This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU
General 	Public
	License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to
redistribute 	it under
	certain conditions. Type 'show license' for details.

===
	Connected to Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3 currently running on dragon
(pid = 	32521)
	dragon*CLI> exit

Exit is displayed not stop now. If you hit "A" and it's an invalid
command...maybe that is your problem...