[asterisk-users] asterisk PLAR

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Dec 11 12:14:48 MST 2006

Jeronimo Romero wrote:
> Does anyone know if asterisk supports PLAR (Private Line Auto Ringdown).
> The Oreilly (Asterisk: Future of Telephony) book mentions it in passing
> saying that all you need to enable it is to set immediate=yes in
> zapata.conf. Has anyone implemented this in brokerage trading
> environments?

Set immediate=yes for that FXS channel.  When the phone goes off hook a
call will be generated to exten => s in the context that the channel is in.

If you are using SIP then you must configure this in the SIP device.

I can't imagine that a "brokerage enviroment" is any different from any
other enviroment that needs PLAR.