[asterisk-users] Waiting for dial tone in Dial cmd

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Dec 11 03:11:27 MST 2006

Morning,

we have gateways with FXO port registered as SIP endpoint in Asterisk.
To be able to use this port, the gateway ask for prefix -lets say 9-
then send dial tone and here the user enter the calling number. We want
to cancel this step for the users so they can enter the entire number
and Asterisk will deal with the gateway.

Does Asterisk have a possibility to manage this? We tried with
Dial(SIP/exten,,D(0w12345678)) but unfortunately this doesn't work. We
also tried with G option in dial cmd but we receive a busy back from GW
in the second dial -which seems normal-.

FYI, dialing Dial(SIP/exten,,D(0)) give the dial tone, let the user
enter the calling number and the call is passing smoothly.

Thanks for any hint

--
Daniel