[asterisk-users] Mediatrix 1124 setup

cb cb at mythtech.net
Sun Dec 10 21:25:58 MST 2006

I recently purchased a Mediatrix 1124 from an auction of a company
that went out of business. It came with nothing other than the unit
itself.

In digging thru the Mediatrix web site, and various google searches,
it looks like it only supports SNMP setup, and only with their
software (or the correct MIB). However, Mediatrix doesn't appear to
let you download said software or MIB from their web site.

Does anyone know where I can get the setup software or MIB needed to
program this thing? I *think* I need the correct one for its firmware
version, but I can't find out how to tell what version firmware it
has. There is what appears to be the remains of a sticker marked "Rev
4" on the bottom if that is any help.

I have been able to default the unit and it properly gets a DHCP
lease, but doesn't appear to respond to anything other than pings, a
port scan reveals no open TCP ports on it. That is as far as I have
gone with it so far. I figured I'd ask around for the setup software
before I struggled too much more with it.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>