[asterisk-users] Polycom soft buttons not working

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:46:26 MST 2006

> Anyone else have problems with soft buttons not being responsive at all?  2
> of the 4 soft buttons do not respond, no matter how hard you push.  It is an
> IP500.  Well over 1 year old.

I've seen problems with some of the very old 500's and buttons not
working.  Usually it's the zero key, but I've had some other buttons
not work, too.  I tried getting Polycom to RMA some of them, but they
were already too old.  I tried disassembling them, but you can only
get so far with them before you have to "permanently disassemble"
them.  I haven't seen this on 300's, newer 500's, 501's, 600's or
601's.  I think they must have solved whatever the problem was.

- Noah