[asterisk-users] Problem faxing with SPA2100 in passthru mode.

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 15:18:40 MST 2006

> The problem arises when I try to send a fax: the Asterisk server
> initiates the call and, after a few seconds, it hangs the Zaptel
> channel.

Make sure you disable T.38 in the Sipura, "FAX Enable T38: No".
Otherwise it will reinvite using T.38 once it detects a fax tone and
Asterisk will hang up because it cannot handle T.38. That should do
it. On a local LAN, G711 should work OK.

BTW, even 1.4 only has T.38 pass through support so you need a T.38
capable PSTN gateway. Faxing with T.38 to a Asterisk with a Zapatel
hardware will not work (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

--Luki