[asterisk-users] Verizon VoiceWing support

cb cb at mythtech.net
Fri Dec 8 10:06:52 MST 2006

Has anyone been able to get Asterisk to work with Verizon's VoiceWing
service? I'm in the process of testing Asterisk to see if it will fit
the needs of my company. Since I already have Verizon's VoiceWing
VoIP service, I figured if I can tie into it, that would let me
evaluate service going to a VoIP provider.

I've done a bunch of searching, but didn't turn up anything about how
to get Asterisk to talk to VoiceWing. Verizon does not seem to
officially offer anything except use of their supplied ATA (a LinkSys
PAP2 that is locked down just like Vonage does... and none of the
Vonage hacks seem to work on the VoiceWing one, so I can't get in and
see how it is configured).

I know Verizon Business offers VoIP services, including IP Trunking
with the expectation that you will supply your own interface
hardware. So I figured VoiceWing may be going off the same or similar
systems and thus be able to support Asterisk if only the connection
info was known.

So, has anyone already figured this out and can point me in the right
direction?

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>