[asterisk-users] Re: Switching from FreeBSD to Linux - which distro?

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:01:40 MST 2006

If you are new to CentOS or redhat based OS's, I would recommend using
yum, as it will resolve any dependencies automatically.

If you wish to install RPMS directly, you can download them from any
CentOS mirror. See the CentOS website.

Note: a default install of CentOS installs a bunch of unnecessary
services that you will want to turn off using "chkconfig service_name
off".

David