[asterisk-users] AMI - Originate Action and Busy, NoAnswer calls - CDR

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Thu Dec 7 20:01:19 MST 2006

Gang,

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this problem and found a solution.
When I use the manager interface to generate a call, I don't get very
much information in my CDR records when the dial status is BUSY, FAILED,
NOANSWER, etc.  I am putting the dialed number into the CDR Userfield in
my dialplan, but the field doesn't populate the CDR record unless the
Originate action is successful and the dialed party answers the call.  I
need to postprocess the CDR records and I absolutely have to have the
phone number in the CDR.  Ideally I'd like to populate the CDR Userfield
with several pieces of information, which I am able to do only if the
Dial() or Originate operation results in a connect.

I've tried numerous variations of context/extension wrangling to no
avail.  I can supply examples of what didn't work but I'm really
interested in hearing about examples that do work.

Has anyone found a workaround or a best practice that allows CDR records
to contain the dialed phone number for every Dial() or Originate that
Asterisk processes?

Thanks,

MC