[asterisk-users] Re: What's up with the Manager Interface?!?!

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Dec 7 19:03:52 MST 2006

Hi Steve.

Thanks, but unfortunately, I can't be involved in that. We are running Asterisk in a production environment and we're using 1.2, not 1.4. I don't have the resources to work with 1.4. Last time I filed a bug against 1.2 I got told off.

Here's an example of that cruddy output.

hestia*CLI> dundi show peer 00:0e:0c:a1:92:4d
Peer:    00:0e:0c:a1:92:4d
Model:   Symmetric
Host:    xxx.187.142.203
Dynamic: no
KeyPend: no
Reg:     No
In Key:  dundikey
Out Key: dundikey
Include logic:
-- include all
Query logic:
-- permit all
hestia*CLI>

The delimiter should not be the colon, as the data may also contain a colon (in this case the MAC address). That makes it really difficult to split the data into fields. Also, the apparent key:value rule gets broken when you get down to the Include Logic line. The '--include all' should be on the same line!

Just about every single Asterisk command has screwed up output like this. Fixing all this would be a LOT of work.

Doug.