[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.0-beta3 spandsp rxfax woes (or me being hard of thinking)

Chris Glover chris at glovercc.plus.com
Thu Dec 7 17:03:29 MST 2006

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of asterisk(1.4.0-beta3), and built
app_rxfax/txfax. I'm using spandsp from here,

http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/snapshots/spandsp/spandsp-20061207.tar.gz

Everything builds ok. I had to manually apply the patch from the site so
configure would spot spandsp libraries. However, when I try dialing my
virtual fax extension (either from a phone or fax machine) Asterisk
bombs out with the following message...

Executing [402 at default:1] RxFAX("SIP/101-081d63d0", "/tmp/test.tif") in
new stack
asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_rxfax.so:
undefined symbol: span_set_message_handler

This was me dialing from a normal sip extension, hoping to hear fax
tones. I did try the latest ebuild Gentoo have (1.2.13), this gave me
perfect fax tones, but completely refused to include chan_zap, so I
can't win :-)

Please somebody tell me where I'm going wrong, been trying to get this
to work for hours. I've got rid of all the old libraries, recompiled...
my next step is to sacrifice a goat!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

--