[asterisk-users] Re: What's up with the Manager Interface?!?!

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Thu Dec 7 16:26:04 MST 2006

Doug, Everyone:

I'll make you an offer you (hopefully) can't refuse:

I've been fixing manager bugs here and there, and am willing to take on
any manager issues out there, for 1.4, and trunk, especially, so as to
have things nice and solid for 1.4 before it gets out of beta.

So, give me some details. I will file the bug, if you don't. I will
reproduce(if I can), and debug,  and fix 'em. Just tell me (as
explicitly as possible, please!) what the problems are-- especially you,
Doug-- where are those inconsistencies, exactly? Richard-- I'll lab up
1.4 and see if I can get the hiccups you mention.

murf

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> The Asterisk Manager Interface is driving me nuts.
> Whoever wrote it should be drawn and quartered.
>
> Sometimes the data comes back separated by \r\n, and sometimes it's separated by \n.
> The whole thing is completely inconsistent, and trying to write any kind of API for it is -GHASTLY-

And,

Richard Lyman  wrote:
just wait till you get a 'hiccup' that causes a line to get cut off,
drop a char, and continue on next line. <G>
(examples below)

this is an older manager.c
there have been a lot of mods to the manager interface in the 1.4 tree,
but there is no way i would put that into a production envir.

-------------
Event: OriginateFailure
Privilege: call,all
Channel: Zap/g1/xxxxxxxxxx