[asterisk-users] Re: Plantronics and Snom RF feedback

Jason Bachman jason at bachman.cc
Thu Dec 7 15:44:12 MST 2006

For what its worth,

We use plantronics headsets on snom360.  Plantronics headset gets
connected to the headset jack, then you use the headset button to
activate it.  The "feedback" is due to grounding issues.  The phone MUST
be connected to a hub/switch using a STP cable.  UTP cables will NOT
provide a ground and you will end up with noise on the headset.   The
external power adaptor also does not provide ground.  We went through
this with plantronics and with Snom.  We finally connected to phone to a
PC's unused ethernet port using a STP cable and problem went away.

The current problem we have now is that the headset connection audio
takes forever to cut through when answering a call.  It seems to happen
1 out of every 5 calls or so.  Most noticeably after the phone sits idle
for a while.  If anyone has a suggestion for that problem it would be
greatly appreciated.

Jason Bachman
ASON, Inc.