[asterisk-users] Asterisk stopped Matching Defined Peer

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:14:55 MST 2006

HI All,

Something weird has happened to my (*) setup.

Setup:

I'm using a Realtime-Driven (*) server for voicemail which has the
knowledge of all mailbox users on the softswitch which is remote to
this (*) box. Since that's all this box is used for, all I have in the
sip.conf is the definition of a peer (tried friend as well) which is
qualified by its IP address. This is where the calls come to the (*)
box from when the call needs to access voicemail. Peer definition in
sip.conf Looks something like this

[POP]
type=peer
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <-- <I have the actual IP of the originating peer here>
context=to-voicemail
insecure=very
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

general part of sip.conf itself looks like

[general]

port = 5060           ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 10.0.3.53    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
externip = 60.xxx.xxx.xxx
localnet = 10.0.3.0/255.255.255.0
nat=route
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

then in extensions.conf I have, the definitions of extensions under
'to-voicemail" context.

This was working like a champ but all of a sudden has stopped working.
I basically just get back a "407 Proxy Authentication" message on my
softswitch/proxy servers which I would think I shouldn't when I have a
defined peer. It was quite happily printing out SIP debug messages
which clearly stated "Found peer POP", now I don't see that.

I didn't change anything so I'm not sure why this is happening. And
even if it is, what I can do fix it?

Thanks
\R