[asterisk-users] Asterisk freezes when DNS not working: a BUG??

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:53:56 MST 2006

You can run dnsmasq on the machine for local caching of the dns names.
(http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html) and then apply this patch
that will allow dnsmasq to set a minimum time to live
(http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2005q2/000253.html).

dnsmasq can be then configured to only allow localhost inquires