[asterisk-users] CISCO 2600 - VWIC 1MFT-E1

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 7 10:53:57 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 17:51 +0100, FaberK wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I got a Cisco 2651XM wired to an E1 PRI.
> What I want to do is to pass all incoming calls to my asterisk.
> This is my actual conf:
> http://pastebin.ca/270677
> with this I'm able to call my number from outside, but the call stop
> on the 2600, infact I can hear the tone, but I'm not able to forward
> calls to my asterisk.
>
> Anyone got an idea of my errors?

Your config says "session transport tcp" for SIP. Asterisk does not
support SIP over TCP, only SIP over UDP so change that to UDP.

Not sure about these:

Your config says "no dspfarm" but you have specified g729br8 codecs. Is
g729br8 supported on a Cisco 2600 without the PVDM2 or NM-HDV2 modules
that have the dsp's on board to do the g729br8<->alaw/ulaw transcoding?

Your config says "clock source internal". Why don't you use the clock of
the telco that provides the E1? That would prevent clock slips as the
telco's clock is bound to be more reliable and precise than the internal
clock in the Cisco.

Regards,
Patrick