[asterisk-users] Plantronics and Snom RF feedback

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Thu Dec 7 07:24:24 MST 2006

Hey all, after hooking up some Plantronics to some Snom's (3 320's 1 360),
I noticed my client is having some form of feed back on the phone.
Because of Snom's "inner oddities" this is how I got it to work.

Plantronic --> RJ11 --> SnomHandset Port (on Snom Base)
Handset -->  Plantronic jack (bottom base in the front)

If I placed Plantronic(RJ11) --> Snom's Headset port, the auto lift on
the Plantronic wouldn't work until the person pressed the "headset"
key. Even by leaving the headset key on by default, Snom would
revert to normal (non headset) mode whenever the headset piece
was used. (Sort of defeats the purpose of walking away from your
phone only to walk back to re-press the headset key)...

How are others setting up these Plantronics...

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams