[asterisk-users] any possibility of Vonage Integration

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Dec 6 22:47:28 MST 2006

Time Bandit wrote:

>> $25/month will buy you close to 50 hours of urban SIP termination,
>> it's down to half a cent in some of the big cities.   Are you
>> going to average 50 hours on the phone each month?   Some people
>> do, but most don't.   (Otherwise Vonage could not even pretend it is
>> going to make money.)
>
> You don't have a teenager in your home I guess ;)
>
> The teenager girl in my home can easily make more than 3000 minutes of
> call in a month !

The TV ads promote it as unlimited. If there are real cases where
residential subscribers did not get unlimited residential service for
the advertised price, why aren't any state attorney generals going after
vonage?

Maybe the answer is that no state is really "liberal" enough to protect
the little guy from the big corporate fraudsters.

Anyone here noticed how so many of the little voip companies are
imitating vonage with the same false and deceptive advertising? How can
we trust them if they can't take higher moral ground than vonage? The
smaller company would be likely to invoke the fine print sooner if I had
a few teenagers in the household using the "unlimited" service I bought
for $25/month.