[asterisk-users] any possibility of Vonage Integration

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Wed Dec 6 13:58:32 MST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 08:13:00AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Also, I should have mentioned that many of these providers advertise
> "business" plans on their website. How can anyone honestly advertise
> phone, fax, email hosting, web hosting, etc. to the business community
> without 24/7 support?

I like 24/7 support, but I would have to guess that most businesses
would be mostly interested in support during working hours (which is
more like 6am to 11pm for most companies.)   Not that there aren't
employees around at night sometimes, but I'm just talking about what's
most important.

I think with any company, Vonage included, it is good to have a
redundant backup, for when their network or your network is down.
Be it a PSTN line or a cell phone.

Some companies offer PSTN failover on DIDs, which I think is a good
idea.  Works at least if your equipment, or their middle equipment is
down but doesn't work if the PSTN failover equipment itself is down.

Vonage does offer PSTN failover if your ATA is not responding.

But having an FXO box talk to your Vonage ATA is just nuts.