[asterisk-users] Setting outgoing caller id on a zap channel for one sip extension only

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Wed Dec 6 13:49:42 MST 2006

Ron,

By source #, i assume you mean you have something like a SIP phone on
the network with the extension like 4455, and you want that to have a
different caller id when you make outgoing calls, then the rest of the
phones on your network (the rest would show a global company number).

Based on where you put the exten, it works as either an incoming or
outgoing handle. For example, I have it setup on our network, that if
you dial out and connect to our local area code, that the callerid is
one number. If you call long distance, you would see our 1800 number.

Is this the setup you are looking for?

Rob