[asterisk-users] Same issue, different way to ask.

Carlos Alperin calperin at senecacom.net
Wed Dec 6 07:36:28 MST 2006

Since nobody answer my previous question (It looks like g.726 is a bad
word).

I have this scenario:

One box with Asterisk 1.4.0 beta 2

IAX to anothers Asterisk working properly.

As an ATA I have only one Grandstream HT496.

Two lines on the ATA 727 & 726.

>From outside I can call any of those two extensions if:

I defined both as ulaw (G.711)
One as ulaw and the other as G.729
Only one at the time if I define both as G729
Only the G711 if I define one as G726 and the other as G711.

No way to make calls between the two extensions if both are G726, or both
are G729
Or if one is G726 and the other is G729 or ulaw.

I allways get codec not match or invalid on the console.

Grandstream claims that they can handle two g729 calls at the time ( I never
was able to do this), and even when I change the rtp.c the G726 is not
working at all. (I 'm not sure but it looks like is more an
Asterisk problem, since the modification was made for Sipura boxes, but even
when other phones, after the 1.2.6 we have fast busy  problems on those
devices with that code)

So at this point. if someone has any other experience that want to share
I'll appretiate it.

Thanks

Carlos Alperin