[asterisk-users] MWI/realtime/openSer in 1.4

Marnus van Niekerk m at mjvn.net
Wed Dec 6 07:07:28 MST 2006

Hi,

can somebody clear up the situation with SIP voicemail SUBSCRIBE and
realtime SIP peers in 1.4 for me.

 From a lot of sketchy information about the new chan_sip in 1.4 I know
that it implements rfc compliant SUBSCRIBE behaviour (with the
subscribemwi=yes option?), but what about realtime peers?

Since realtime peers are only created once the peer registers, will a UA
that SUBSCRIBEs to voicemail receive NOTIFYs even if it is a realtime
peer that is REGISTERed with openSER in front of asterisk (and therefore
does not exist a a peer in asterisk)?

Can someone point me to some good (or any) docs on the subscribe
implementation with realtime in 1.4?

tx

PS: I know of the possible workarounds with sipsak/scripts/etc but that
does not work with all phones and SIP stacks and I would like to get it
working with SUBSCRIBE on 1.4 if possible.

--

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Thomas Alva Edison - Inventor of 1093 patents,
including the light bulb, phonogram and motion pictures.