[asterisk-users] any possibility of Vonage Integration

Dovid B asteriskusers at dovid.net
Wed Dec 6 03:21:12 MST 2006

<snip>
> Don't be fooled by the flat rates of the locked-box providers.
> The real rates are so low these days most people pay less paying
> per minute than paying a Vonage style flat rate.  In addition
> people report if you start making really heavy usage of your
> Vonage flat rate so that they are losing money on you, they notice
> and try to stop it.
>
> $25/month will buy you close to 50 hours of urban SIP termination,
> it's down to half a cent in some of the big cities.   Are you
> going to average 50 hours on the phone each month?   Some people
> do, but most don't.   (Otherwise Vonage could not even pretend it is
> going to make money.)
<./snip>

Like any other provider, look at Vonage's tos agreement. If you go over I
believe 100 hours they slap you with a $50.00 fee. I have a provider that I
pay $5.00 a month to for my did and they asked me to use up to 2-3 channels
for incoming, however they never capped me. Once in a while I use up to 7-8
channels with no problem. ( I tested once with all the cell phones that I
had and I got 10 channels at once !!). As for outbound I use voipjet which
is 1.3 cents. Like it was said above if you do the math it may be worth it
for you to drop vonage all together.