[asterisk-users] zaptel-1.4.0-beta2 Getting it to compile on FedoraCore 6 _64bit

Steve Gladden Asterisk at MichiganBroadband.com
Wed Dec 6 02:30:53 MST 2006

Thanks for the good pointers!
I tried the manual fix first which got me a step closer only to find
something else expecting config.h to be there.
I gave up and grabbed the latest SVN.

Been awhile since I've used that.
My first 1.4 box WOW! different!
Works well now ;-)
Thanks!

Steve

> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 02:25:02PM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> It seems like you don't have the full sources on your linux box.
>>
>> Do you have a directory /usr/src/linux, which is a soft link to
>> /usr/src/kernel/2.6.18.-1.2849 ?
>
> Actually, the source is availble at /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2849.fc6/build
>
> No need for the link /usr/src/linux on a decent system.
>

>> If not, or if the directory is empty means that you need to complete
>> your
>> sources first.
>>
>> I have this version of Zaptel running ok on 2.6.18-1.2239.fc5, but you
>> can
>> see on your errors that linux/config.h says no such directory!!!!
>
> Which is the error. Here is the fix:
> http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel/branches/1.4/zconfig.h?r1=1471&r2=1520
>
> A quick-and-dirty fix is:
>
>   sed -i '/^#include <linux\/config.h>/d' zconfig.h
>
> (remove that line from zconfig.h)
>
> --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org