[asterisk-users] Shared Line Appearances

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Dec 6 01:38:57 MST 2006

Somehow replying to myself, this link
http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/HowTo_configure_Polycom_SoundPoint_IP_phones_with_sipX#Boss_-_Secretary_Relationship
has an interesting description of SLA, BLA and Boss-Secretary features.

>From this, I understand that BS, for instance, must be both supported on
server and phones.

With Asterisk 1.2 and BLF enabled phones, we could get the Boss BLF blinking
on his Secretary SIP hardphone when the boss got an incoming call but I'm
not sure any hardphone could then ring to further grab secretary's attention
on incoming call.

Putting this notification issue aside, BLF call pickup would then provide
desired interaction.