[asterisk-users] Auto dialing: .call file vs. manager interface

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Tue Dec 5 18:16:11 MST 2006

Question:

I'm using a .call file to make some test calls.  The call file works
great.  When I try the same thing with the manager 'originate' action I
get something weird - the originate action looks for the 's' extension
in my context, regardless of what I supply as the 'extension' argument.
The .call file does what I expect - it finds exten _9.,1,Noop(Looks
good).

The error I get in the log is as follows:
Dec  5 16:44:25 VERBOSE[19670] logger.c:   == Starting Zap/1-1 at
autodial_start,s,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'
Dec  5 16:44:25 VERBOSE[19670] logger.c:   == Starting Zap/1-1 at
autodial_start,s,1 still failed so falling back to context 'default'

The autodial_start context looks like this:
[autodial_start]
exten => _9.,1,Noop(Looks good)
exten => _9.,n,Goto(dialout,s,1)

The dialout context just has the call handling stuff, AMD, etc.  It
works when the Goto works, but the Goto only seems to work when using a
.call file and not the manager interface.

The .call file looks like this:
Channel: Zap/g0/5596221408
Callerid: 5597337550
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 30
WaitTime: 30
Context: autodial_start
Extension: 95596221408
Account: 5898832

Has anyone experienced this issue and/or found a way around it?

Thanks,
MC