[asterisk-users] Help with dial plan - two attempts at calling agent before logging agent off?

Chris Blunt chris.blunt at entropy-it.com
Tue Dec 5 10:13:17 MST 2006

Hi List,

I'm attempting to set up a queue and agents using agent call back.  This is
all working fine with the queue and the agents login etc

However.

In my dial plan I a set variable when a call is entered into the queue to
identify the origin of the call, then when the agent is called I test to see
if the call is from the queue.  If it is, the dial plan does not go to VM if
the agent does not answer, it gives BUSY and the call is returned to the
queue.

The call could well be passed to the same agent again from the queue, which
I am okay with - BUT I only want it to try twice before logging the agent
out (just in case they have gone AWOL and not logged out).

The autologoff=xx in agents.conf doesn't seem to work with agentcallback.

I have tried setting another variable as a counter with some logic tests to
see the number of attempts to call the agent, but this is failing as the
variable appears to be lost when the call goes back to the queue.

Can anyone suggest an answer to this puzzle for me.

Many thanks

Chris