[asterisk-users] No ID from the calling party in SIP Header

Sven Beisiegel mailsvb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 09:16:36 MST 2006

Hi...

I just started working with Asterisk and found something that looks
like an error, but i want to be sure, so that's why I'm asking you.

When i make a call from "A" to "B" (both SIP clients), I don't see the
name of the called party in the phone that initiated the call, just
the dialed number.
I made an ethereal trace and found out, that there is no name during
the initiation in the SIP Header?

But there is a "Remote-Party-ID" in the SIP Packet that goes from the
Server to the called party...There is nothing like "P-Asserted-Id" in
the SIP Packet that goes to the calling party.

My question... Is this an error or did i forget to activate something?
The configuration of the sip.conf is:

[general]
language=de
port=5060