[asterisk-users] Shared Line Appearances

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Tue Dec 5 08:41:55 MST 2006

anyone using/experimenting with this new feature in asterisk 1.4?
is anybody able to post some info how to use and what features are
supported?
I have general knowledge how SLA should work, ie. monitor status of
another line like BLF with additional features like answer ringing call,
barge into existing call on shared line and make conference call or
resume call, that was put on hold on another phone sharing line....

as I look in sla.conf.sample, seems, that when Dial(SIP/junky) from
example, this will ring both defined phones,
but what other features of SLA asterisk will support (like barge, shared
line status indication)?
I would like to use this feature on linksys942, because this phone
doesn't support BLF, so maybe SLA will help me ;-)

; define a SLA called junky
[junky]
trunk => SIP/10
station => SIP/15