[asterisk-users] calls not terminating

Farzal Dojki farzal at ubm.com.pk
Tue Dec 5 06:59:23 MST 2006

Hi,

In short - Asterisk is not able to recognize that the 'other' person to whom
call was made has hung up - hence the channel stays busy.

In long:

I've been able to configure asterisk 1.1.12 with freepbx 2.1.3 and Digium
TDM400 card (4 FXO ports). I've terminated 2 PSTN lines on these ports and
making outbound calls successfully using the outbound rules.

However, if the 2nd party hangs the call, this is not detected and the Flash
panel (FOP) shows the ZAP channel as busy. This continues until the line is
dropped on the XLITE too.

Ever weirder - once my PC rebooted in process of a call, so there was no way
I could hang up using the PC. The other party hung up. Even then the zap
channel stayed busy. The Xlite extension which made the original call
appeared as busy on FOP, but was able to make and receive calls using
line-2. I had to restart the server for channel to become free and FOP to
reflect that.

What could be the places I look at since I am using mostly original/default
settings, making only dial-plan changes?

Regards,

Farzal

Farzal Ali Dojki
PK: 92-21-2635021-24 | US: 1-512-STAY-UBM
Telecom :: Call Centre ::  Security :: Computing
http://www.ubm.com.pk   farzal at ubm.com.pk