[asterisk-users] sip_write warning when executing Pickup of CAPI

Tom Fanning tf-ml at edgebyte.com
Tue Dec 5 04:50:33 MST 2006

I'm trying to pick up a ringing SIP phone (203) across the office with

exten => *9,1,Pickup(783743)

where 783743 is the local part of the number that our ISDN works on.

I tried all of these first:

exten => *9,1,Pickup(203)

exten => *9,1,Pickup(SIP/203)

exten => *9,1,Pickup(203 at internal)

and got a "declined" message back from my phone (snom 300), so I then
switched to picking up the ringing ISDN line (it's BT ISDN2e on a pair of
Eicon Diva BRI-2M cards)

The Pickup(783743) works (the phone across the room stops ringing), but the
calling party gets a nasty distorted noise back down the phone, and I get
dozens of these messages:

Dec  5 11:37:50 WARNING[26972]: chan_sip.c:2561 sip_write: Asked to transmit
frame type 64, while native formats is 4 (read/write = 64/64)

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Asterisk is 1.2.11 on Debian with
2.6.8-2-686 kernel.

Thanks

Tom