[asterisk-users] Answer a call that is not ringing on yourextension

Wes Baehr wbaehr at abilitybusiness.com
Mon Dec 4 12:27:01 MST 2006

Another solution is to use the Pickup() command. It will pick up a call on a
specific extension that is in the "ringing" state:

[Description]
  Pickup(extension[@context]): This application can pickup any ringing
channel
that is calling the specified extension. If no context is specified, the
current
context will be used.

For example, my co-workers extension is 203. I hear his phone ringing, and I
dial my pre-defined pickup extension (**203) to pickup his call.

Dialplan example:

Exten => **203,1,Pickup(203)
Exten => **203,2,Hangup()

Note: the read I use ** is GXP-2000 phones will dial **exten while the BLF
light is in ringing state. You can use whatever you want.

Wes Baehr