[asterisk-users] Is there any Asterisk controllable thermostat?

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Dec 4 18:18:08 MST 2006

Quoting Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com>:

> I am reading about xPL protocol since Asterisk at Home 0.9, when I first used
> it. Its been more than two years now and I never saw any documentation on
> it. Their website itself needs material to be put on it. So xML is not a
> useful thing at all at this point.

I have done some work on snmp enabling thermostats and burglar alarm systems
with the end goal to integrate with asterisk / web interface eventually. SNMP
in general is well supported and well documented for controlling devices. A
subagent for the particular hardware and a generic snmp interface for asterisk
would be what is required. The devices I was working with are actually talked
to physically by the Dallas 1-wire hardware/protocol, and there is various
linux support already for talking to those type of busses.

interfacing to asterisk could be a nice module that talks snmp, or it could be
as simple as calling the existing shell commands from netsnmp such as snmpget
and snmpset.

If anyone wants to discuss with me offlist, I have official IANA enterprise
numbers already allocated for this, as well as some of the mibs started which
cover a lot more than just the thermostats.

Jon Pounder

   _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com