[asterisk-users] Re: 200+ analog phones connected to FXS modules

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Dec 4 15:38:37 MST 2006

CG> Well, I think there's far more htan 1000 interrupts come from an
CG> T1/E1 card. Or do you think 1000/channel?

No I mean 1000 interrupts total, across all channels on all cards.
Otherwise the driver is just broken. Of course in a sane system there
would be no card interrupts at all, just polling. Linux wasn't sane
enough for that until relatively recently, so we're stuck with
interrupts.

Why would you not handle all channels in just one interrupt?

/Benny