[asterisk-users] HOW TO - Asterisk apps/modify and compile

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Dec 4 02:47:43 MST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 12:41:46PM +0530, Thirumal Saminathan wrote:
> hi all,
> i need to integrate and modify one of the application in asterisk/apps
> section...
>
> whenever i modified small steps ..in order to check and compile i 've to do
> recompile the whole asterisk module and it consuke  to much time...
> please anyone couls you tell me, how can i  modify it , compile and test the
> I/O in asterisk applications in a easy way...

When you re-run 'make' on a built tree, it will pass on the whole tree,
but will only actually build the changed apps.

Instead of running a complete install, it may be simpler to manually
copy the modified app to /usr/lib/asteris/modules . You should probably
be in better place to decide when to backup a copy and when to delete.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com