[asterisk-users] Trouble with regexten

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Sat Dec 2 20:02:58 MST 2006

Well, I can't pretend to know how other people use it, but perhaps an example of how I use it would be helpful.

Most of the sites that I maintain have a pair of boxes that are being loadbalanced (by UltraMonkey:  www.ultramonkey.org), so I have no particular way of knowing who is registered to what box beforehand.  Obviously, I need to know this.

My solution is to use DUNDi and regexten.  The DUNDi contexts are mapped into the context where the regextens take place (actually, it's the context where the 2 thru n priorities are, but the regcontext is included) and then I can just do a DUNDILOOKUP to found out the dialing information for any given device.

It's simple, it works, and it's a good way to provide redundancy.

I belive you may be expecting too much from regexten.  It doesn't really do *that* much, but what it does do is useful.

Regards,
- Brad