[asterisk-users] Hold calling channel and ask called channel beforeconnect???

Henry.L.Coleman henry.coleman at voip-pbx.ca
Sat Dec 2 19:16:08 MST 2006

Hi Nigel,

If I understand your question correctly, you can accomplish what you need
in Trixbox/FreePBX by having your calls answered by a queue.  When the
caller is in this queue, he will hear music on hold until the call is
answered by an "agent".  When the agent answers the call a recorded
message can be played ahead of actually connecting the caller.  With this
feature I can be notified that the call is originating from a certain
channel or line.

This functionality could probably be modified to report the CLI of the
incoming call.

Henry L.Coleman CEO
*VoIP-PBX* 1-866-415-5355
Toronto Ontario