[asterisk-users] Asterisk + Avaya S8700

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 17:43:24 MST 2006

On 12/1/06, Tomer Horn <thorn at ivrit.org.il> wrote:
> Michel R Vaillancourt wrote:
> > Tomer Horn wrote:
> >> Hello list,
> >>
> >> I am curious here if anybody here got an experience connecting Avaya
> >> to Asterisk using H323 / T1. I am completely lack of experience with
> >> Avaya and I wanna know if anybody here has connected Avaya to
> >> Asterisk using H323 and managed to stabilize it. Google provides
> >> mixed comments regarding the matter.
> >>
> >> The purpose of Asterisk on this matter is to provide outgoing calls
> >> from the Avaya through Asterisk, so features such as MWI and stuff
> >> are not necessary for me.
> >>
> >> Thanks, Tomer.
> >>

> >     I have done it with a Definity G3.  It was actually pretty
> > straight forward.
> >
> Have you done it with H323 or T1/E1 ?

 I've done it both ways to a G3R and an 8700. The h.323 gateways from
T1 on carrier interconnect side to an 8700 via h.323 signaling group
are actually pre-1.2 Asterisk (still!) and the folks using it are very
happy with it.

 The only gotcha I would warn you about would be packetization between
the Avaya and Asterisk on the RTP side of things. If you don't get
that right, you won't get good sound quality on the calls.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/