[asterisk-users] Re: sip address in voicemail emails

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 08:53:25 MST 2006

Hi, Anselm

On 12/2/06, Anselm Martin Hoffmeister <anselm at hoffmeister-online.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 01.12.2006, 17:57 -0500 schrieb Mark Price:
> > Hi,
>
> > On 12/1/06, Mark Price <markprice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         hi,
> >
> >         I am using asterisk 1.2.10.
> >         I am trying to send sip links in asterisk voicemail, so that
> >         users can easily reply to emails.
> >         This does not seem to be straightforward.
> >         First, there seems to be no variable that prints out the
> >         domain name of the sip call, since I am including every
> >         variable mentioned on http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk
> >         +config+voicemail.conf
>
> You might use your own notification script, s.t. you can send a

I don't understand how the notification script is useful for this purpose.
The voicemail.conf page on voip-info.org that is referenced above says the
following:

       The way it works is basically any time that somebody leaves a
voicemail on
       the system (regardless of mailbox number), the command specified for
externnotify
       is run with the arguments (in this order): context, extension, and
number of
       voicemails in that mailbox

In other words, the the documentation says that the externnotify command is
not
given any information at all regarding the source of the phone call.

Thanks,
Mark