[asterisk-users] no tx audio

Justin Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Fri Dec 1 17:21:41 MST 2006

I have an asterisk server that connects to my voip provider over iax2.
Some of the POTS phone numbers I've called consistently get no tx audio.
This behavior happens with kiax on the same machine as the server and
with iaxcomm on an ubuntu desktop, a windows desktop, and a windows
laptop.

The ISP's tech came today and I used iaxcomm on his laptop to connect to
my asterisk server and called one of the problem numbers and the tx
audio worked.  After he left I tried iaxcomm on my roomate's windows
desktop and a friend's laptop, neither of which gave any tx audio.

I've been trying to debug this for weeks and still have no idea how to
proceed from here.

Justin